As an L&D professional, you need to create the best learning environment in your organization if you want to ensure that the people you are training will be able to overcome all challenges of the ever-changing business landscape of today. Because continuous learning and development of employees is the only thing a business can count on if they are to thrive in the future.
The L&D -related professions were never a piece of cake, yet with the always expanding number of approaches to workplace training, new tools, technologies and learning variables, things are as complex and demanding as ever.
With this in mind, how can talent development professionals rise above the noise and be successful in what they do? How can they create the best learning environment and the most personalized learning experiences for each trainee?
It’s easy to fall down the rabbit hole of designing and implementing e-learning modules and face-to-face training programs and having a tunnel vision focussed on tasks while doing so instead of getting some altitude and see the bigger picture. Performing tasks is important, but organizations of every kind are like living breathing organisms, as they are made up of people. And the people part of L&D can’t be ignored.
The only way for L&D professionals to be successful in helping others reach their full potential at work is by reaching their own full potential first. And the best way to learn how to do that is to attend the largest event for talent development professionals worldwide: The ATD International Conference and Exposition, which will take place in San Diego, CA, May 6-9.
ATD 2018 by the numbers
This year’s edition of ATD promises to provide all the knowledge, strategies and solutions that ensure the success of a learning and development program. L&D professionals and everyone interested in this field of activity will gain insights into the latest trends, best practices and new solutions for designing, delivering, implementing and measuring learning programs.
Now let’s turn our focus on a few ATD numbers:
- 75 — ATD’s anniversary! This amazing organization whose mission is to empower professionals to develop talent in the workplace has been around since 1943.
- 4 — Days of preconference learning, packed full with certificate programs, targeted workshops and CI preparation.
- 4 — Days of learning, networking and exploration of the latest industry innovations.
- 10 — Content tracks.
- 4 — Industry tracks.
- 3 — Extraordinary keynote speakers. One more extraordinary than others I might add, with Barack Obama hosting the opening keynote.
- 400+ — Education sessions.
- 400+ — Speakers that will make the above sessions memorable.
- 10,000+ — Expected attendees, from all over the world.
- 400+ — Exhibitors. MATRIX will be one of them!
Meet MATRIX at ATD 2018!
The MATRIX team is super-excited to head over to the San Diego Convention Center — where the entire event will take place — in just a few days! It’s the second year we will be exhibiting at ATD, so we are twice as excited, actually.
Find MATRIX at Booth #705!
We have prepared a lot of activities and prizes, so we know you’ll have a great time:
- Live demos — MATRIX’ CEO and the rest of our team will make live demos of our amazing LMS. So come prepared with questions and discover how our product can benefit your organization.
- New features — Whenever we have a new addition to our system we can’t wait to share it with the world So drop by our booth to learn more about adaptive learning, personalized lessons and learning path goals, dynamic personalization of assignments and more of our latest features!
- Colorful giveaways — Just tell us a little about yourself and grab’em!
- Interactive activities — These are a little surprise we have prepared for you. All I can say about them now is that they too involve colors and you can get fun prizes on the spot!
- Raffle prizes — Enter our raffle for a chance to win a one-year subscription to Skillshare or Amazon vouchers. And the best part about these prizes? What you’ll win exactly is totally up to you!
We’re looking forward to meeting you on the expo floor and remember: you’ll find all of the above activities and prizes at the MATRIX Booth #705!
ATD 2018 will be amazing!